Temporarily Deactivate your Facebook Account
Facebook has been the most used social media website in the world since 2005, however it doesn’t appeal to everyone. If you want to spend a bit of time away from Facebook, then you’ve found the right article! Following the steps below will show you how to deactivate your Facebook account, as well as how it can be reactivated again in the future.
If you are on PC:
- After you’ve signed into the account you wish to deactivate, click the arrow in the top right of your screen and the click on the ‘settings’ option.
- Once in the settings interface, select the ‘Security‘ tab which will appear on the left side of your screen.
- Navigate to the bottom of this section, and click ‘Edit‘ on the ‘Deactivate my account‘ option.
- This will cause the option to drop down further, revealing some text saying ‘Deactivate your account‘ which you should click.
- You will now have to enter your password and click ‘Continue‘.
- To finish the process, Facebook will ask you why you are deactivating your account. Pick an option that best describes your reason, then click ‘Deactivate‘.
If you are on The Mobile App:
- Make sure you’re signed into the account you wish to deactivate and tap ‘more‘ in the bottom right of your screen.
- Now select the ‘Settings‘ option (You may have to scroll down as this option is near the bottom)
- Once in your settings, tap the ‘Deactivate my account‘ option.
- You will then be asked for your password and once you have entered it correctly, you can tap ‘Continue‘.
- Finally, enter a reason as to why you are deactivating your account, then click ‘Deactivate‘.
That’s it, you account is no longer active on Facebook, meaning your pictures and posts will no longer be visible. It may take search engines a few hours to remove your information from search engines, however you can speed this process up by making your Facebook account private before you deactivate.
Reactivating your Account
If you wish to use your Facebook account again, you can do so by simply logging in on the app or website. Unlike Twitter, there is no time period this must be done in, you can simply reactivate your account whenever you like. When you sign back into your account, you will keep your friends, photos and posts – it’s just like you never left!
We hope you found this article useful and can now deactivate and reactivate your account without any problems. If you do encounter any trouble with this process, get in contact with Facebook and they can help you further (However they are unable to deactivate your account on your behalf due to obvious security policies).